The Federal program called Express Entry opened on January 1st, 2015. In general terms, this program consists on a three-stage online application system, where the candidate must meet the requirements in order to complete an application and undertake an immigration process to obtain the Canadian permanent residence visa.
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria and qualify to be selected can be added to the pool of candidates (candidates database) and will be ranked according to various factors. According to this system, the highest-ranking candidate will be invited to apply for permanent residence (ITA – Invitation to Apply).
The entry in the database Express Entry program does not guarantee that a candidate will receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Candidates invited will still have to meet the eligibility and admissibility under the Immigration Act of Canada (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Similarly, candidates with an ITA (Invitation to Apply) will have 60 days to send the request to apply through 4 options as appropriate. Federal Skilled Worker / Federal Skilled Trade Program / Canadian Experience Class / Provincial Nominee Program.
Each process is divided in 3 stages:
Stage 1 – Preparation of the application
- Evaluation of the requirements according to the profile
- Documentation compilation
- Studying of the language to reach the required level
Stage 2 – Introduction of the file
- Creation y presentation of the Express Entry profile before the Canadian government (introduction to the Express Entry Pool)
- Determination of the profile’s points by the federal government
- Issuance of invitations to apply by the federal government to the candidates with the optimal profile
Stage 3 – Evaluation of the application by the federal government
- Submission of the documentation, based on the information provided in the Express Entry profile
- Presentation of medical examinations
- Presentation of police certificates
The federal government is extremely strict in regard to the format and content of the documentation requested. If there should be any error in the documentation submitted, the application will be rejected and, if desired, the candidate must restart the process from the beginning, with no guarantee that will be invited again.
If a candidate makes a mistake considered as “misrepresentation” in the documents and / or forms submitted, he/she may not be able to reapply for a period of 5 years. As such, in light of this possible 5-year penalty, even in the event an innocent “misrepresentation” from a candidate’s part, it is primordial that the candidate counts solid counsel and guidance.
Place your trust in Primus; we will make it our objective to ensure that your dreams of a life in Canada are fulfilled. Go ahead, have a safe and successful journey, call Primus now, and one of our elite associates will be delighted to speak with you.