Canadian Experience Class – Express Entry

The Canadian experience class is an immigration category for Canada’s temporary foreign workers and international graduates who wish to become permanent residents.  The application process and processing of these applications are conducted through the Express Entry system.

Temporary foreign workers and international students can apply for Canadian Immigration (permanent residence). The Canadian Experience Class caters specifically to Canadian immigration applicants, having obtained a Canadian education and/or Canadian work experience.

Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. They must have:

  • obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience within three years of the application date. In order for work experience to be eligible, it must belong to NOC skill group 0, A, or B and have been gained in Canada with proper authorization,
  • have gained the experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
  • meet the required language levels needed for the job for each language ability,
  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Quebec has its own program).

Programa de experiencia canadiense

Please note that self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program. Kindly note that information and/or requirements regarding this program or any program in regard to immigration to Canada can change at any time and without prior notice.

Please note that if you are considering the Canadian Experience Class because you either qualify as a temporary foreign worker or international student, you may have other options for Canadian immigration through the various provincial nominations programs (PNP).


Do you want to have a free evaluation to know if you are eligible for this program?